I don’t know about you, but I have tons and tons of makeup. So many that I often find myself forgetting to use certain things because it’s all over the place. I set out to find better ways to organize my makeup so that everything is visible and ready to use and I must say I’m quite pleased with the results. Here are my 7 tips to get your makeup stash up to date, organized and ready to use.
- Gather all your makeup and dump it on top of your bed or your kitchen table. Anywhere that you have a lot of space to do a little research. Separate everything into groups. Make a pile of eye shadows, lipsticks, mascara, foundation, concealer, etc…
- Now, try it all. Use your arms and dab a small amount of all the liquids first. Make sure the consistency is good and make sure nothing is expired. If the consistency is bad or if the product is expired, toss it. Do the same for the dry stuff as well.
- Buy yourself some bins. They have wonderful makeup bins at the Container Store or at TJmaxx.
- Now that you have the makeup that you will be keeping, start off by storing everything by category. For example, keep all your eye shadows in one bin, all your lipsticks in another, all your face products in another, brushes in another, etc.
- Don’t forget to invest in a really good moisturizer and add that as well to your makeup bin. Hydrating your skin is essentially the most important thing you must.
- Pick a place to dedicate to your makeup. I personally have my makeup stored in my beauty room, but most people will either keep it in the bathroom or in their bedrooms which is perfect since that’s where you get ready everyday. Once you have your place picked up, style it as you wish.
- Last but not least, keep your everyday products more handy than everything else. The things you use on a daily basis like your moisturizer, bronzer, concealer and mascara. Most people don’t glam it up everyday so having a few select things that are handy and ready to go will keep your morning routine smoother.
Now go ahead and enjoy it. Use this newly organized area to explore new makeup trends and to get some inspiration to try new looks.